Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Update April 27, 2010

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, prayers and words. I am working on getting a second opinion based on something that I received from a survivor of my kind of esophageal cancer and my cousin who is a doctor in NYC. I am making an appointment at Johns Hopkins, also right here in Baltimore.
A second possibility is MD Anderson in Houston which I understand has done some outstanding work with this cancer.
On Friday, the University of Maryland Hospital Center will biopsy the lymph nodes in my neck (a last step before determining the treatment protocol, I think).
Keep those prayers, thoughts and positive vibes coming my way -- I appreciate them.
More next week.
Bob

1 comment:

  1. Bob,

    My father-in-law had treatment for cancer of the esophagus 10 years ago. I suspect it was not the same level as you have, but his treatment was successful. The treatment, at the University of Pittsburgh, was Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), which involves treating the cancer cells with photosensitive drugs and then applying red laser light to destroy the cancer cells. For what it's worth, ask your doctor about this possibility. I'll hope for the best.

    Bruce Kuehne

    ReplyDelete